What Is Work Permit Visa Program?
Canada Work Permit, or a Work Visa, is issued to eligible overseas individuals to work in that country for a specific time period.
There are 2 types of work permits in Canada:
- An open work permit which allows the applicant to work for any employer in Canada, except the few exceptions that are listed in Government of Canada website.
An employer-specific work permit which allows the applicant to work according to the conditions on their work permit, which include:
- The duration of time that they can work for this employer
- The location and any specific conditions of that particular job
What is the process?
Anyone can apply for a work permit before entering to Canada. However, there are different requirements that need to met based on the country of origins, the employment field, and overall condition of applicant’s profile.
- Applicants should prove that they will leave Canada when their work permit expires.
- Applicants should afford to take care of themselves and their dependents financially.
- Applicants should obey the law and have no record of criminal activity.
- Applicants should not impose any danger to Canada’s security.
- Applicants should be in an overall good health.
- Applicants should be able to backup any of required conditions with a proper and certified documents.
- Can compete on a global scale